The smell of fresh apple crisp wafting through the house is a sure sign of fall.
Jonagolds make excellent baked goodies.
Jonagold is another success story from the NYS Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva.
It's a cross between mellow Golden Delicious and tart Jonathan.
What’s it like?
• Honey sweet with a hint of tartness
• Crisp, creamy yellow flesh
• Excellent for eating, salads, sauce and baking
• Good for pies and freezing
• Jonagolds make great fried apples. Simply sauté in a little butter and add a little cinnamon. No sugar needed!
• October through May
Copyright © 2002-2013 New York Apple Association All Rights Reserved.