Sometimes the name of the apple says it all. Honeycrisp apples are honey sweet (with a touch of tart) and amazingly crisp.
It's easy to see why this new variety continues to grow in popularity since its 1991 introduction in Minnesota.
Supplies are limited for now but more Honeycrisp trees are being planted every year.
What’s it like?
• Complex sweet-tart flavor
• Super crisp yellow flesh
• Excellent for eating and salads
• Good for sauce, baking and pies
• This ultra crisp apple will appeal to teens, a great way to encourage healthy snacking.
• September through Feburary
Copyright © 2002-2013 New York Apple Association All Rights Reserved.