With the popular Red Delicious and McIntosh for parents, Empire apples were destined to be a hit.
It's a sweet-tart combination that's great for everything.
The New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva introduced this new variety in 1966.
What’s it like?
• A wonderful blend of sweet and tart
• Very crisp, creamy white flesh
• Excellent for eating and salads
• Good for sauce, baking, pies and freezing
• Small empires are great for school lunches. Kids love Empire's sweet-tart and super crunchy texture.
• September through August
Copyright © 2002-2013 New York Apple Association All Rights Reserved.