Apple Nutrition Facts Worth Thinking About
- Apples are absolutely fat-free!
- One apple provides as much dietary fiber as a bowl of bran cereal. That’s equal to one fifth of the recommended daily intake of fiber.
- Apples are loaded with pectin, a soluble fiber that aids digestion and may help reduce cancerÂ and heart disease.
- The complex carbohydrates in apples give your body a longer, more even energy boost compared to high-sugar snacks. Snacking on apples can keep you going throughout the day.
- Apples provide boron, an essential trace element that helps harden bones. Strong bones help prevent osteoporosis.
Copyright Â© 2002-2013 â€” New York Apple Association â€” All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners